SCREENPLAY EDITING SERVICE
Get one round of basic editing. Screenplay editing entails trimming and revising scenes for clarity where needed. Long scene headings and rambling dialogue will be edited to improve the readability of the script. Some scenes will be cut if they do not serve the plot. We accept film and TV scripts, including short scripts. The minimum script page requirement to use this service is 20 pages. If you need expedited/rush editing service, please email your script to our customer support team at [email protected] and let us know your desired turnaround time. If we can do expedited editing based on the turnaround time you want, we will email you a price quote for expedited service and arrange for you to place your order via e-invoicing.
Standard Editing Turnaround Time: 9 Business Days for a script that is 120 pages or less. Scripts received after 6 p.m. (PST) will be scheduled for editing the next business day. Email your script to: [email protected]
Please be advised that this is NOT a proofreading service. Proofreading is a different service that is priced per word -- not per page. Although, as a courtesy, we will run the built-in spellchecker that comes with the screenwriting software (based on the script file type you submit), do know that the built-in spellchecker will not catch every typo or missing word. For example, if you submit your screenplay as a Movie Magic Screenwriter file type, we will use Movie Magic's built-in spellchecker to do one round of spellcheck.
Because this is not a proofreading service, after you get the edited version of your screenplay from us, you will need to proofread it yourself, or hire a proofreader to proofread that edited draft. This editing service is not a substitute for proofreading or polishing your screenplay. Therefore, we do not guarantee that the edited screenplay will be 100% typo-free.
Our screenplay editing service is only for properly formatted screenplays that are from 20 to 120 pages. If your screenplay exceeds 120 pages, please email your screenplay to [email protected] for pricing and turnaround time. From there, we will arrange for you to place your order via e-invoicing. Turnaround time to edit a screenplay that exceeds 120 pages may take longer than 9 business days, depending on the total page count and complexity of the screenplay.
The focus of this editing service is to improve your story's narrative drive/pacing by cutting out needless elements in the script. Use this editing service if you want to tighten your story's pacing and improve the readability of your script. Changes to the script are marked in color. Asterisks are also used to signify deletions, depending on the file types submitted for editing. As a reminder, our editing service does NOT include providing input on how to improve the story, plot, characters, dialogue, correcting improperly formatted scenes, fixing all grammar errors/typos, or troubleshooting technical errors/glitches in your script file. Price is based on scripts that demonstrate a good grasp of the English sentence structure and industry standard formatting. Poorly formatted scripts and/or scripts with excessive grammar and spelling errors will require additional charges. Upon receiving your script, we will send you an email notification to let you know the additional cost, if applicable.
Swapping Out a Script After It Has Been Scheduled for Editing Service: If after placing your order, you need to swap out your screenplay for a different screenplay or an updated version of the same screenplay, we will allow that -- only if we have not started work on your screenplay/writing material. Please be advised that there will be a "script swap out" service fee associated with that. The updated version of your script will be forwarded to our pricing team for pricing and invoicing since the script will most likely have a different page count and different word count. For more info on swapping out your scripts and fees associated with that, please email customer support at [email protected] at your convenience.
To Order Editing Service
Click the "Add to Cart" button and then "Checkout" button.
Enter the # of pages in the "Quantity" box.
Click "Update" and checkout. Once payment is received, we will schedule your script for editing and send you an email confirmation.
-- If you need any assistance placing your order, email us your script to [email protected] and we will send you a payment link/e-invoice with the total cost for editing.
- Celtx (online and desktop versions) -- laptop/computer users only. For Celtx online version, we will email you instructions to email us the "Collaborate" invite link to access your script(s).
- Fade In
- Final Draft 7-12 (FDR) & (FDX)
- Movie Magic Screenwriter 6
- Writer Duet
- Please be advised that we CANNOT accept scripts typed using Microsoft Word (MS Word). Scripts that are typed using MS Word tend to have a high rate of incorrect margins and inconsistent page breaks. Microsoft Word is not made for screenwriting. If you are new to screenwriting and you want film producers and investors to take you seriously, please invest in getting yourself a professional screenwriting software that can properly paginate and align elements in your script. The other option is to purchase Script Formatting service through us. Get your script properly formatted to industry standard first. Our Script Formatting service starts at $1.70 per page, depending on the complexity of the script. For pricing, please email your script to [email protected] and we will assess the script and email you the price and turnaround time. Once you agree with the price and turnaround time, we will email you a personalized e-invoice/link to place your order.
- Failure to submit the right script (aka screenplay) file type will result in your script getting rejected.
- Scripts must be formatted to industry standard.
- Please do NOT email your script as a PDF (Adobe Acrobat), Microsoft Word file, RTF, or any other file types not listed as "acceptable" above.
- Please do NOT try to narrow your margins or reduce the font size of the text in your script. Doing so will result in your script getting rejected.
- For Celtx online users, after placing your order, email us at [email protected] and we will provide you with instructions on how to email us the Celtx "collaborate"/invite link to your Celtx online script. We have a private email address for online Celtx clients to submit their scripts for Screenplay Editing service.
- Scripts must be in 12 point Courier type.
Editing Service for Treatments & TV Series Bibles
To get pricing and turnaround on treatment or TV series bible editing services, please email your work to [email protected] so that we can assess it for pricing and turnaround time.
Script Formatting Service
If you need help formatting scenes such as flashbacks and phone chats, email your script to [email protected] for pricing. We also offer script doctoring (rewriting) services on scripts that are 30 pages or more. For pricing and turnaround time, please email us your script. We have rewritten scripts for clients who have benefited from our services, landing deals with reputable companies such as Creative Artists Agency, Lions Gate, Warner Bros., and Netflix.