Get one round of basic editing. Screenplay editing entails trimming and revising scenes for clarity where needed. Long scene headings and rambling dialogue will be edited to streamline the script. Some scenes will be cut if they do not serve the plot. We accept film and TV scripts, including feature length scripts and short scripts. The minimum script page requirement to use this service is 20 pages.
Please be advised that this is NOT a proofreading service. Proofreading is a different service that is priced per word, not per page. Although we will run the built-in spellchecker that comes with the screenwriting software (based on the script file type you submit), do know that the built-in spellchecker is a simple spellchecker, and it does not catch every typo or missing word. For example, if you submit your screenplay as a Movie Magic Screenwriter file type, we will use Movie Magic's built-in spellchecker to do one round of spellcheck. After you receive the edited version of your screenplay from us, you will need to proofread the screenplay on your own as this is not a screenplay polishing or proofreading service.
This screenplay editing service is only for properly formatted screenplays that are from 20 to 120 pages. If your screenplay exceeds 120 pages, please email your screenplay to [email protected] for pricing and turnaround time. From there, we will arrange for you to place your order via e-invoicing. Turnaround time to edit a screenplay that is over 120 pages can take longer than 9 business days, depending on the total page count and complexity of the screenplay.
Our clients include producers, directors, repped writers, attorneys, doctors, former Naval Intelligence officers, and former members of the Special Ops community. Depending on which file type you submit, the edited script can be emailed to you as a PDF, Celtx, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Rich Text Format, or Final Draft file. Script editing does not involve commenting on the script, changing the story premise, or formatting scenes.If your script is bogged down with excessive scene descriptions and meandering dialogue, then you should consider getting your script edited. The focus of this editing service is to improve your story's narrative drive by cutting out needless elements in the script. This is not a substitute for proofreading or polishing your script. Use this editing service if you want to tighten your story's pacing and improve the readability of your script. Changes to the script are marked in color. Asterisks are also used to signify deletions, depending on the file types submitted for editing.
If you need help formatting scenes such as flashbacks and phone chats, email your script to [email protected] for pricing. We also offer script doctoring (rewriting) services on scripts that are 30 pages or more. For pricing and turnaround time, please email your script. We have rewritten scripts for clients who have benefited from our services, landing deals with reputable companies such as Creative Artists Agency, Lions Gate, Warner Bros., and Netflix.
NOTE: This editing service is for film and TV scripts only. To get pricing and turnaround on treatment or TV series bible editing services, please email us your work so that we can assess it for pricing and turnaround time. If after placing your order -- and we have not started work on your screenplay/writing material -- you decide to swap out your screenplay for a different screenplay or an updated version of the same screenplay, please be advised that there will be a "swap out" service fee associated with that, in addition to your "different" or "updated" screenplay being treated as a new submission with a new turnaround time. Also, please be advised that it will need to go through our pricing team to be assessed for pricing and invoicing since the screenplay will most likely have a different page count and different word count. For more info on swapping out your screenplays and fees, please email customer support at [email protected] or read our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Editing Turnaround Time: 9 Business Days for a script that is 120 pages or less.
Email your script to: [email protected]
Scripts received after 6 p.m. (PST) will be scheduled for editing the next business day.
Per Page Price**
**Price is based on scripts that demonstrate a good grasp of the English sentence structure and industry standard formatting. Poorly formatted scripts and/or scripts with excessive grammar and spelling errors will require additional charges. Upon receiving your script, we will send you an email notification to let you know the additional cost, if applicable. This price is for editing service only. It DOES NOT come with formatting or proofreading service. Formatting and proofreading are entirely different services. Therefore, we cannot guarantee that the edited screenplay will be 100% typo-free because this is not a proofreading service.
To Order Editing Service
Click the "Add to Cart" button and then "Checkout" button.
Enter the # of pages in the "Quantity" box.
Click "Update" and checkout. Once payment is received, we will schedule your script for editing and send you an email confirmation.
-- If you need any assistance placing your order, email us your script to [email protected] and we will send you a payment link/e-invoice with the total cost for editing.
- Celtx (online and desktop versions) -- laptop/computer users only. For Celtx online version, we will email you instructions to email us the "Collaborate" invite link to access your script(s).
- Fade In
- Final Draft 5-11 (FDR) & (FDX)
- Movie Magic Screenwriter 6
- Writer Duet
- Please be advised that we CANNOT accept scripts typed using Microsoft Word (MS Word). Scripts that are typed using MS Word tend to have a high rate of incorrect margins and inconsistent page breaks. Microsoft Word is not made for screenwriting. If you are new to screenwriting and you want film producers and investors to take you seriously, then you need to invest in getting yourself a professional screenwriting software that can properly paginate and align elements in your script. The other option is to purchase Script Formatting service through us. Get your script properly formatted to industry standard first. Our Script Formatting service starts at $1.70 per page, depending on the complexity of the script. For pricing, please email your script to [email protected] and we will assess the script and email you the price and turnaround time. Once you agree with the price and turnaround time, we will email you a personalized e-invoice/payment link to place your order.
- Failure to submit the right script (aka screenplay) file type will result in your script getting rejected.
- Scripts must be formatted to industry standard.
- Do NOT email your script as a PDF (Adobe Acrobat), Microsoft Word file, RTF, or any other file types not listed as "acceptable" above.
- Do NOT try to narrow your margins or reduce the font size of the text in your script. Doing so will result in your script getting rejected.
- For Celtx online users of laptops or computers, after you place your order, email us at [email protected] and we will provide you with a link to Celtx's instructions on how to email us the Celtx "collaborate" invite link to your Celtx onilne script.
- Scripts must be in 12 point Courier type.