Get one round of basic editing. Screenplay editing entails trimming and revising scenes for clarity where needed. Long scene headings and rambling dialogue will be edited to streamline the script. Some scenes will be cut if they do not serve the plot. One round of spellcheck is included with this screenplay editing service. We accept film and TV scripts, including feature length scripts and short scripts.
Our clients include producers, directors, repped writers, attorneys, doctors, professors, scientists and Amazon's best-selling book authors.Depending on which file type you submit, the edited script can be emailed to you as a PDF, Celtx, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Rich Text Format, or Final Draft file. Script editing does not involve commenting on the script, changing the story premise, or formatting scenes.If your script is bogged down with excessive scene descriptions and meandering dialogue, then you should consider getting your script edited. The focus of this editing service is to improve your story's narrative drive by cutting out needless elements in the script. This is not a substitute for proofreading or polishing your script. Use this editing service if you want to tighten your story's pacing and improve the readability of your script. Changes to the script are marked in color. Asterisks are also used to signify deletions, depending on the file types submitted for editing.
If you need help formatting scenes such as flashbacks and phone chats, email your script to email@example.com for a pricing. We also offer script doctoring (rewriting) services on scripts that are 30 pages or more. For pricing and turnaround time, please email your script. We have rewritten scripts for clients who have benefited from our services, landing deals with reputable companies such as Creative Artists Agency, Lions Gate, Warner Bros., and Netflix.
Note: This editing service is for film and TV scripts only. To get pricing and turnaround on treatment or TV series bible editing services, please email us your material so that we can assess it for pricing and turnaround time information.
Editing Turnaround Time: 9 business days
Email your script to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scripts received after 6 p.m. (PST) will be scheduled for editing the next business day.
To Order Editing Service
Click the "Add to Cart" button. Enter the # of pages in the "Quantity" box. Click "Update" and checkout. Once payment is received, we will schedule your script for editing and send you an email confirmation.
- Rich Text File (RTF) -- We accept RTF only if the script is properly formatted and has been exported from an actual screenwriting software.
- Fade In
- Final Draft 5-11 (FDR) & (FDX)
- Movie Magic Screenwriter 6
- Writer Duet
- Please be advised that we do NOT accept scripts that have been typed using Microsoft Word. Get your script properly formatted to industry standard first. Our Script Formatting service starts at $1.70 per page, depending on the complexity of the script. For pricing, please email your script to email@example.com and we will assess the script and email you the price and turnaround time.
- Scripts must be formatted to industry standard. Please do not email your script as a PDF or Microsoft Word file.
- For CELTX online users, after you place your order, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with instructions to send us the CELTX "collaborate" invite link.
- Scripts must be in 12 point Courier type.
- Go to File> Hit EXPORT> Choose FDR (Final Draft 5-7) as the File Format Type from the drop-down arrow menu in the Save As Box before saving. To easily identify the newly saved FDR copy for upload, rename the FDR copy something like "Scriptname FDR7." Email this FDR copy of your script for editing service.